The fact that NFL Owners had the audacity to completely ignore the players association and APPROVE the policy. Shows the lack of compassion and respect for those around the world.
Most importantly the fans who support their league.
Players, Journalists, Analysts and Minority Owners have voice their displeasure around social media and here they are.
1. Torrey Smith Reciever said it best. NFL Owners are ignoring why players chose to do so in the first place. Which shows the lack of respect for the men who put their bodies on the line each week.
“Appropriate respect for flag and anthem” implies that guys were being disrespectful towards it. Which is an opinion. Most people who believe that ignore the responses from the players and more importantly why men chose to protest. https://t.co/j7nyw2Lkai
— Torrey Smith (@TorreySmithWR) May 23, 2018
2. Seahawks Doug Baldwin let it be known that Your President 45 is not his favorite person.
— Gregg Bell (@gbellseattle) May 24, 2018
3. Dawuane Smoot of the Jacksonville Jags is risking losing money to protest something he believes is right.
Freedom of speech does not exist for NFL players now, we get fined for protesting for something we believe in, FINE ME!!!! You can’t change my opinion, and can’t stop my protest I have a right as an American to protest when I feel there is injustice in this country.
— Dawuane Smoot (@Bigsmoot_94) May 23, 2018
4. Great point.. NFL has now put the singer in an awkward position to either sing the National Anthem with pride or Protest. Great job NFL.
The irony of the NFL owners’ action is that *they have now hyper-politicized the anthem, for not just every black player and ally, but every potential anthem singer or Super Bowl halftime performer. That few minutes before a game will now look like a forced nationalistic display.
— Joy Reid (@JoyAnnReid) May 23, 2018
5. Packers Minority Owners voice his displeasure for the organization support of such a divisive policy.
— Harvey J Kaye (@harveyjkaye) May 24, 2018
6. Comedian Chelsea Handler took took social and voice her opinion and did not let up.
Imagine if blacklivesmatter was white livesmatter and a bunch of white NFL players were peacefully protesting by taking a knee. That would be fine. The NFL IS AS RACIST AS OUR PRESIDENT. 1St amendment, anyone? Is there any republicans willing to stand up for our country.
— Chelsea Handler (@chelseahandler) May 24, 2018
7. Thought this was going away NFL? Looks like you’ve made an even bigger mess. As players are coming up with ways to protest.
— The Hill (@thehill) May 25, 2018
8. Shaun King speaks out like only he can.
Here's what I know.
If white NFL players decided to take a knee during the national anthem for soldiers who've died in combat or police who died in the line of duty, they'd all be heroes right now.
They'd never be fined. No new rules would be created. None of that.
— Shaun King (@ShaunKing) May 24, 2018
9. World War 2 Veteran Takes a need support for NFL players
This WWII took a knee in solidarity with the NFL's player protests pic.twitter.com/vMIZU8iK9x
— EveryBody vs Trump (@EVRYBODYvsTRUMP) May 24, 2018
10. Colin said it first. He meant no disrespect. All he wants is EQUALITY FOR ALL.
— UNSTRIPPED VOICE (@UnstrippedVoice) May 24, 2018
11. I guess this is OK. You be the judge.
One day after the NFL passed its new national anthem policy by a 31-0 vote, the NFLPA is in a holding pattern as it awaits 32 teams to set their own policies. One thing the union would definitely fight: any team policy that includes suspensions for violations. @nflnetwork pic.twitter.com/wafptqohLW
— Tom Pelissero (@TomPelissero) May 24, 2018